Sunday, May 22, 2011

7 years ago

Dylan 2004 :)

This photo was taken exactly seven years ago at my wedding.  Because it is our Anniversary I was looking through all our wedding pictures with my girls.  When I came across this photo I started to cry.  I just wanted to reach inside and love and squeeze him.  I wished I could go back and pay the camera man extra to follow him around a little bit more.  Time flies.  I feel the exact same way right now when I see pictures of my own kids from years back.  We all "lose" our babies.  No matter what, they grow.  It makes me really think about time.  Some days I wish every second of my day away...how guilty it makes me feel, when I realize how quickly time is gone, and how things can change.  
Right now I find myself being very selfish with my time.  I have a hard time committing to anything, besides being with my family.  Time is so precious.  I am trying to pay close attention to the happy things each day.  I am taking time to really see my kids.  I want to spend more time loving and  laughing with them.  Nothing makes me happier right now than being at Mandy's house with all of our kids playing and spending time together.  Dylan, however, does not appreciate me and Mandy together very often.  I'm pretty sure we are TOO much for him to handle :)  Every once in a while we'll get a laugh out of him. It's kind of  too bad though, because I love him.  WAY too much to stay away!!   I am so thankful that through this trial, I have been able to remind myself just how lucky I am....and we all are...for every single day!
 PS  maybe it was the pink that made him want to rip off the tie??  sorry Dyl...ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment